Welcome!!

My Little Readers is a place where you can learn about our family's learning adventures, techniques to help build literacy, and ideas for activities to engage in with your children.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Summer Reading Programs


Several days ago Money Saving Mom posted a link to Saving Dollars and Sense where Kristie posted a list of FREE Summer Reading Programs for kids.  I am really excited about this because I'd like to sign Snootz up for one of these programs.  I haven't talked to him yet but I'm fairly certain he'll be interested in participating.  I looked at the options and I think Book Adventure through Sylvan will be most appropriate for him but if he is more interested in one of the others we can certainly consider that.  I like that Sylvan's program has an online comprehension test for the child to take after they've read each book.  I think Snootz would really enjoy that (he loves working on the computer) and I also think he'd enjoy working towards one of the prizes they offer.  I looked at their book list and they offer a wide selection of books, many of which should be available at our local library.  I also like Sylvan's search tool and that the books are leveled.  Some of the other programs are more open-ended so you can read whatever books you choose but we may need something a little more structured right now.  We will likely participate in other Summer Reading Programs in the future.

Will your child(ren) participate in any of these programs?  Do you know of any other Summer Reading Programs?

No comments:

Post a Comment