Welcome!!

My Little Readers is a place where you can learn about our family's learning adventures, techniques to help build literacy, and ideas for activities to engage in with your children.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Funny Things Children Say

The past four weeks have been unbelievably busy as we've battled sicknesses at our house, celebrated Easter, got items ready for the Just Between Friends consignment sale, and then tried to catch up on everything that got put aside through all the busyness, like cleaning and laundry.  The children and I have also spent a lot of time outside enjoying spring and some fresh air.  Today our four-year old said something so adorable that I need to take a moment to share it with you.  I hope you get a chuckle out of it.

My husband has been working long hours for the past couple of weeks and hasn't been able to join us for dinner most nights.  Tonight he came home for dinner but then had to go back to work to finish some things that need to be completed by tomorrow.  As we were eating, our four-year old, Snootz, was disappointed when he realized his dad was going to have to leave right after dinner.  Snootz asked him, "Why do you have to go back to work?"  My husband thought for a moment and then said, "Well, there are deadlines......"  Snootz was silent for a moment and then in a serious voice he asked, "Why are there dead lions at work?"  My husband and I looked at each other and laughed.  We have both been feeling pretty tired out lately but who wouldn't laugh at a response like that?  We of course proceeded to tell Snootz that Daddy has deadlines he needs to meet.......work that needs to get done by the end of the day.  After we explained it to Snootz I think he understood but honestly I think it sounds a lot more exciting for his daddy to have dead lions at work.

These are the stories we need to remember and tell our children when they get older.  How fun for them to hear the cute and silly things they said and did when they were little.  I am not very good at writing things down......hence this blog!

Have your children said or done anything cute lately?  (All the time, right?)

No, I didn't put a picture of a dead lion on my blog page.  He is just sleeping.  Zzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment