Welcome!!

My Little Readers is a place where you can learn about our family's learning adventures, techniques to help build literacy, and ideas for activities to engage in with your children.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Playing with Shaving Cream and Cornstarch

This is such a simple activity and was a lot of fun for the kids.  It was very messy though so it's something I would strongly encourage you do outside.  I had actually purchased the shaving cream for some artwork we were going to do but I saw this idea at I Can Teach My Child and thought it would be a great sensory activity to do today.  I set up each child with their own tray, we mixed some shaving cream and cornstarch together right on the tray and then I let them explore.  It was no surprise that Kitty Cat got very messy, very quickly but once she was finished exploring I gave her a little dunk in the tub and she was sparkling clean in no time.  








No comments:

Post a Comment