Welcome!!

My Little Readers is a place where you can learn about our family's learning adventures, techniques to help build literacy, and ideas for activities to engage in with your children.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Reading List for 2012


One of the ways to encourage reading in your children is for you to model that behavior; let them see you reading.  I have always enjoyed reading but unfortunately the past couple of years I haven't done as much personal reading as I'd like to.  Probably not much more than a dozen books between 2010 and 2011.  So one of my goals for 2012 is to read more books for my enjoyment and personal & spiritual growth.  Right now I typically do any reading after our children are in bed so the children aren't actually seeing me read other than the books I read to them but I anticipate that changing as they get a little older.  At some point I hope to be able to take 10 or 15 minutes during the day to sit down and read a few pages out of a book.  Right now that isn't possible due to the high risk of injury to my children if I do that.  With two very active toddlers who are incredibly curious, one who loves to climb just about anything, and a 4-year old who doesn't always use very good judgment, I can't turn my back for a minute much less sit down for 10 minutes with my nose in a book.  So for now, my personal reading will have to be done after they are in bed and any reading during the day will have to be reading their books to them.

But I thought it would be fun to share the list of books that I developed back in January, nineteen books total, as those that are "must reads" for me in 2012.  I'm sure I'll end up reading other books too, maybe reading some "fun" books if we go on vacation or reading more homeschooling books as needed but I think this is a good base list for now.  I started the year with good momentum as I took some time off from selling items on eBay but the past month I've done less reading as I've had more to do in the evenings.  Since it's an awesome list of books and I'm determined to read all of them this year, I'm going to need to get back to it!

Books I've Already Finished Reading in 2012:

  • Crazy Love by Francis Chan - FINISHED 2/21/12 

Books I'm Currently Reading:


Books I Will Read This Year:

So, what do you think?  Have you read any of these books?  If so, what is your opinion?  Are there any good books that you've read recently?  I'd love to hear! Please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment