Welcome!!

My Little Readers is a place where you can learn about our family's learning adventures, techniques to help build literacy, and ideas for activities to engage in with your children.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Put on your Tap Dancing Shoes


Maybe it was the Daylight Saving time change over the weekend that had me so tired this afternoon or maybe it was from a year and half of sleep deprivation, I'm not sure.  But I do know that I could barely keep my eyes open this afternoon and I lacked patience and motivation.  Finally I decided I needed to do something to snap out of it so I turned on Pandora for the children and I to listen to.  But I felt like I needed more than music to perk me up and decided that we needed to get our bodies moving and do some dancing.....and then I remembered my tap shoes.  They were in storage but I knew exactly where to find them.  I ran downstairs and came back to my children with transformed feet.  It's been years since I've done any tap dancing but I performed some of the moves that I remembered and the little ones absolutely loved it.  Even though I am really out of practice and it was a pretty pitiful performance the children were amazed.  They stood in awe with their mouths hanging open.  And do you know what?  It felt good.  Really good.  Here I was doing something for them that they've never seen before and although it was some pretty rusty tap dancing they didn't know the difference and were just excited to see their mom do something fun and then have their turn!  They loved the shoes even though they were falling off their feet.  It was so fun to watch.  These are the moments to cherish.


So, put on your dancing shoes, or whatever other fun thing you want to do with your little ones and enjoy these precious moments.  Some day they'll no longer think it's amazing when we put on our dancing shoes so let's do it while we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment